Protective Gear Requirement
NOTE: Not all protective equipment is mandatory in all age classifications. However, if not mandated by rule, USA Hockey strongly recommends that all players and goalkeepers in all age classifications properly wear an internal mouthpiece, a HECC approved helmet and a HECC approved full facemask for all games and practices.
Each player is personally responsible to wear protective equipment for all games, warm-ups and practices. It is recommended that all protective equipment be designed specifically for ice hockey. The following items are required to be worn at all times:
- Helmet (All Ages) - HECC Approved helmet with Facemask and Chin Strap. Helmets may not be painted or emblazoned with stickers.
- Mouth Guard (Required for PeeWee, Bantam, Midget, and Goalies - HIGHLY Recommended in all ages.) - Must be colored.
- Throat Protectors (All Goalies)
- Shoulder Pads (All Ages)
- Hockey Skates (All Ages - Skate Guards Optional)
- Hockey Stick (All Ages)
- Pants and Suspenders (All Ages)
- Elbow Pads (All Ages)
- Supporter and Cup (All Ages)
- Hockey Gloves (All Ages)
- Socks and Garter Belt (All Ages)
- Shinpads and Straps (All Ages)
Equipment should include gloves, shin pads, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hip pads or padded hockey pants, protective cup, tendon pads plus all head protective equipment as required by USA Hockey rules. All protective equipment, except gloves, padded hockey pants, helmet/facemask and goalkeeper's leg guards, must be worn under the uniform. Players, including goalkeepers, violating this rule shall not be permitted to participate in the game until such equipment has been corrected or removed. It is mandatory that all players (except Adults) wear a HECC approved helmet (including ear protection) with chin strap properly fastened.
Play It Again Sports or Sport King are able to assist in the proper fitting of all equipment and are strong supporters of Hockey Club Fairbanks.